Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday photos

St. Johns Bridge

Today I went out to the St. Johns area, I wanted to look at the water level in the Willamette river, since we've had so much rain and flooding lately, and I thought I'd take some photos with the Fuji X10.  The photo above was my favorite of the day.

Walk-2532

While I was at Cathedral Park under the St. Johns bridge, I noticed quite a few other photographers there taking photos of the bridge.  I guess it is a pretty common subject, in fact, I've seen a lot of photos that look like sort of like the one above.  This spot kind of jumps out as an obvious place to stop and take a picture, because it is right on the main path through the park.

Walk-2534

I also saw a bright purple fire hydrant.  I wonder who picked this color.

Walk-2538

Down at the river, the water level was high, and the water was very muddy.  It rained most of the time while I was walking around.  While I was right here I met two women who were out for a walk, and they asked me if I remember the flood back in 1996.  I did, and we talked about that for a while.

Walk-2581

Then I went to the Chinese Garden.  They had decorated it with lanterns to get ready for their celebration of the Chinese New Year.

 Walk-2592
Walk-2611

I also encountered some fish and some dragons.

Walk-2626 Walk-2635

Walk-2636

Walk-2643

Walk-2619

Even though it was rainy, it was fun to get out of the house and have some quiet time.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures you took, especially the first one!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures you took, especially the first one!