Friday, July 08, 2005

Crash

If you came here looking for the story of my motorcycle accident, it is here and here. I haven't talked about this in a long time because I've basically forgotten about it. I have recovered nearly 100%. I occasionally feel a relative lack of flexibility in my right thumb, and a relative weakness in my left ankle compared to my right, but it is only a slight difference. It does not make any difference in my daily life.

If you have been unlucky enough to be in a serious motorcycle accident, my advice would be to make sure you get physical therapy. Do not neglect this, it works.

And if you ride a motorcyle, I would really encourage you to wear a full-face helmet. In a high-speed crash you are likely to tumble (I know I did) and when you tumble, every other time you hit, you land face down. Because I wore a full-face helmet, I sustained no damage to any part of my head.

No comments: