Thursday, May 06, 2004

Favorite Gadgets

I love gadgets, but some of them work out better than others. Some sit relatively unused, but others make me think, "How on earth did I ever live without this? I could never go back." Here are the gadgets that I like even more than I thought I would:

  • Playstation 2. The fact that it doubles as a DVD player makes it indispensable.

  • TiVo. If you like TV, you should get TiVo. If you have premium cable, you must get TiVo.

  • The Infinity Basslink powered car subwoofer. I know what you're probably thinking: car subwoofers are only for annoying teenagers who drive by at 3am with their music blasting so loud that it rattles your windows and wakes you up. But that would be incorrect. The truth is, no matter what kind of music you listen to, and no matter what volume level you prefer, a good subwoofer will make your music sound better.

  • Sony Clie NX80V. It doesn't have a phone, but it has everything else, including digital camera, thumb keyboard, and MP3 player.

  • Spyderco Ladybug knife. This is the perfect keychain knife, with both serrated and plain areas of the blade. I use it all the time.

  • The Rabbit Corkscrew. Opens wine bottles so quickly it looks like a magic trick.

No comments: