Tuesday, April 01, 2003

OrangeX Citrus Juicer

Some mechanical tools are so beautifully designed, so perfect for their intended use, that they just amaze me every time I use them. My Spyderco pocket knife is one of these, and a more recent addition to my tool collection is the OrangeX Citrus Juicer. Don't get the ugly black one seen in this link -- get the silver one. It is a work of art. I use this for juicing oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit. Before I got this juicer, I never even particularly liked grapefruit juice (which I had never tasted fresh) , but I thought I'd give it a try. I was instantly converted. Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice is fantastic. I can't believe how different it tastes from the packaged kind.

It reminds me of how when I was younger I didn't really like tomatoes, because I associated them with the rubbery bland tomatoes I got in cheap restaurants. It took me a while to discover that some tomatoes are really delicious. Now I grow them in my garden and they are one of my favorite summer treats.

No comments: